|Who can I talk to in this school about my child’s difficulties with learning/ Special Educational Needs (SEND)?||Academy Director of Intervention and Inclusion - Miss J Young|
Academy Intervention and Inclusion Co-ordinator - Mrs L Colvin Grieve
Academy Intervention and Inclusion Assistant - Mrs D Pinell
|They are responsible for:
Coordinating all the support for children with special educational needs
(SEND) and developing the school’s SEND Policy to make sure all children get a high quality response to meeting their needs in school.
Ensuring that you are:
• involved in supporting your child’s learning
• kept informed about the support your child is getting
• liaising with all the other people who may be coming into school to help
support your child’s learning for example: Educational Psychology /Pupil School Support/Communication and Autism team/School Nurse etc
Updating the school’s additional need register(a system for ensuring all the SEND needs of pupils in this school are known to staff)
Tracking your child’s progress to provide support for teachers and support staff in the school. This may involve the use of additional adults, outside specialist help and specially planned work and resources so they can help your child (and other pupils with SEND in the school)
Ensuring that the school’s SEND Policy is followed in subject areas and for all the pupils they teach with any SEND needs so that your child can achieve their best possible progress in school.
|Review Tutors/Subject Teachers/Achievement Co-ordinators||They are responsible for:
• Checking tracking the progress of your child and identifying, planning and
delivering any additional help your child may need (this could be things
like target setting/additional subject support or referring your child to the Learning Support Department.
• Ensuring that all staff working with your child in school are supported to
deliver the S of W for your child, so they can achieve the best possible progress.
• Ensuring that the school’s SEND Policy is followed in their classrooms for all the pupils they teach with any SEND.
|Associate Headteacher Mr M Carty|
Headteacher, Mrs J Gotschel
|He is responsible for:
• The day to day management of all aspects of the school, this includes the
support for children with SEND.
• He will delegate responsibility to the Learning Support Team and subject teachers but is still responsible for ensuring that your child’s needs are met.
• She must ensure that the Governing Body is kept up to date about any issues in the school relating to SEND.